Vegan Baked Apricot Chick’n
Vegan chicken with a skin? You bet! This deliciously sweet recipe is hearty and comforting. Meaty Mix Gently Seasoned is the perfect base for a chick’n thigh that begs to be smothered in apricot sauce.
- 1 x packet Unreal Co. Meaty Mix, Gently Seasoned
- 1 tbsp flour
- 500ml apricot nectar
- 1 packet French onion soup powder
- 1 packet rice paper wraps
- Rice and/or veggies of choice
- Mix 1 tbsp of flour with French onion soup powder in a bowl.
- Add a small amount of apricot nectar and mix well to avoid clumping.
- Pour in the remaining apricot nectar, mix well and set aside.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
- Mix 1 packet of Meat Mix Gently Seasoned with 1 cup of water into a bowl, and mix well.
- Shape Meaty Mix into 6 or 8 chick’n balls or “thighs”.
- Soak 1 rice paper sheet in water for around 10 seconds, carefully lay it out on a clean surface like a chopping board, and then wrap one of your chick’n pieces. Continue until all the pieces are wrapped. If you need help, just search YouTube for “how to wrap a burrito“.
- Shallow fry your chick’n pieces until the rice paper begins to crisp.
- Place the chick’n pieces into a baking tray.
- Pour the apricot sauce over the chick’n until all the pieces are covered generously.
- Oven bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Serve your apricot chick’n pieces on a bed of rice, or with a side of veggies prepared to your liking (we steamed ours).
- Garnish the chick’n pieces with some fresh parsley.