Vegan Chick’n Caesar Salad
This vegan chicken Caesar salad is as quick and easy to prepare as a salad should be, but without sacrificing on flavours and texture. Served as a main or as a side, this classic salad is always a winner.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 x packet Unreal Co. Meaty Mix, Gently Seasoned
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp walnuts
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp cashew butter/tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cider vinegar (we used apple)
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp coconut aminos (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder/crushed garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp water
- Add chopped romaine to large bowl.
- Add all topper ingredients to food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add dressing ingredients to small bowl and stir until creamy.
- Add 1 cup of water to Meaty Mix and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the mixture and mix again.
- Shape into 4 fillets.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in pan on medium heat.
- Add Chick’n fillet and cook each side for 4-5 minutes until firm and golden.
- Once cooked, carefully slice into strips
- Add half of the dressing to the romaine and massage till coated
- Add Chick’n strips to romaine
- Drizzle the rest of dressing over salad
- Sprinkle topper and enjoy
Inspired by a recipe from Kate Flowers’ ebook.