Vegan Beefy Baked Nachos
Feb 14, 2020
Product used: Unreal Co. Meaty Mix, Savoury Grill This classic recipe is quick, easy, and perfect for a friendly gathering around the table. Meaty Mix makes a great mince and contrasts nicely with the zingy jalapeños and crunchy chips. Bon appétit!
SERVES: 4 | DIFFICULTY: EASY
- 1 x packet Unreal Co. Meaty Mix, Savoury Grill
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet shredded vegan cheese
- Taco seasoning
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced red capsicum
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 juiced lime
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 packet tortilla chips/strips
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped spring onion tops
- Chopped jalapeños
- Pour 1 pack of Meaty Mix Savoury Grill into a bowl and add 1 cup of water. Mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a pan and heat on medium/high.
- Add Meaty Mixture to the pan and fry for 2 minutes while breaking it up into a mince.
- Add diced onion and diced red capsicum.
- Add the tin of crushed tomatoes, along with the taco seasoning.
- Fry and keep stirring for 5 minutes, then set the pan aside.
- Half the ripe avocado and scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
- Add the lime juice and minced garlic.
- Crush with a fork and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, mix again.
- Place the tortilla chips on the bottom of a baking dish, and spread the mince evenly over the top.
- Top the mince with vegan cheese (add as much as you like)
- Oven bake for 5 to 7 minutes at 180°C, or until cheese is nicely melted.
- Garnish guacamole with fresh black pepper and serve in the middle of the dish, or in a separate bowl.
- Garnish the dish with chopped spring onion tops and chopped jalapeño peppers (to taste).