Product used: Unreal Co. Meaty Mix – Gently Seasoned
Are you in the mood for a meal that is bursting at the seams with flavour? Then this Mexican Parma is sure to hit that spot. The corn and jalapeño contrast each other’s flavour beautifully, while the vegan cheese wraps everything in a soothing embrace. Don’t forget to grab some spicy corn chips and fresh guacamole to complete the dish with even more contrasting textures.
SERVES: 5 | DIFFICULTY: EASY
- 1 packet of Unreal Co. Meaty Mix Gently Seasoned
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 50g corn kernels
- 200g shredded vegan cheese
- 50g jalapeños
- 70ml vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- Add 1 bag of Gently Seasoned Meaty Mix to 1 cup (250ml) of water in a bowl. Mix until the water is thoroughly absorbed.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, sugar, and an extra 40ml of water. Mix again.
- Add the corn kernels and jalapenos. Yep, mix again.
- Add 50g of soy protein (or any unflavoured plant protein), and 50ml of water. Keep mixing!
- Add 70ml of vegetable oil and mix well into all the other ingredients.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into schnitzels with a thickness of roughly 1cm.
- If cooking in an oven, preheat to 180°C. Turn once after 13 minutes, then continue to cook for another 7 to 12 minutes (or until core temperature reaches 80°C). If using a pan, grease lightly and preheat on medium for 5 minutes. Cook each side for 4 minutes (or until core temperature reaches 80°C).
- Add 1tbsp of tomato paste to the surface of each schnitzel, and top each one with vegan cheese. Oven bake or pan fry a little longer until the cheese melts.
- Serve with a side of guacamole and spicy corn chips to taste.