Cheesy Pea & Corn Vegan Nuggets
Product used: Unreal Co. Meaty Mix, Gently Seasoned
This recipe is great for kids, especially the fussy ones who won’t eat their veggies. The freshness of peas and corn and the yummy cheesy centre make these vegan nuggets enjoyable by all, young and less young!
SERVES: 5 | DIFFICULTY: EASY
- 1 x packet Unreal Co. Meaty Mix, Gently Seasoned
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed peas and corn
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese (we used Sheese shredded mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup crumbing (we used Kelloggs Cornflakes Crumbs)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (we used olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl add Meaty Mix and water, mix well.
- Add peas and corn, and vegan cheese to the mixture, mix well.
- Pour crumbs into shallow bowl.
- Pour olive oil into a shallow bowl (optional) .
- Use a tablespoon to scoop Meaty Mix mixture and shape into a nugget.
- Baste nuggets with olive oil (optional), then roll over the crumbs until fully coated.
- Place nuggets on a baking tray lined with baking paper (use unbleached paper if possible), and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve nuggets with dipping sauce, and a side of mashed potatoes or chips.
COOKING IN A FRY PAN:
- Coat a fry pan with vegetable oil and heat on medium-high heat
- Place nuggets into pan and fry for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown.