Beefy Vegan Roast & Trimmings
Vegan roasts are always difficult to come by, and most of them carry a steep price tag. Can you make a delicious and hearty vegan roast for under $12.00? For the entire meal with trimmings? With Meaty Mix you definitely can!
SERVES: 4 | DIFFICULTY: EASY
- 1 x packet Unreal Co. Meaty Mix, Savoury Grill
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp beef stock powder (we used Massel), or 1 cup liquid beef stock
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 large potatoes
- 5 small carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add Meaty Mix and water to large bowl and mix well.
- Allow to sit in fridge while you prepare the vegetables.
- Cut potatoes into 8ths, and slice carrots into strips.
- In an oven-safe dish, mix the stock powder with water, or add the liquid stock.
- Shape the Meaty Mix into a roast and place into the oven dish.
- Add the potatoes and carrots around the edge of the dish.
- Sprinkle the mixed herbs over the roast and veggies.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are golden or a fork can pass through the centre easily.
Serve with steamed peas and your favourite gravy (add the dish’s juices to the gravy for extra flavour).