GARLIC & LEMON BAKED VEGAN CHICK’N
Garlic & Lemon Baked Chick’n
Product used: Unreal Co. Chick’n Fried Pieces
This succulent and zesty recipe is great for when you want to impress your guests or that special someone, without spending the whole day in the kitchen. This garlic and lemon baked Chick’n presents itself with a seductive palate of flavours that evolves with every bite.
SERVES: 4 | DIFFICULTY: EASY
- 2 x packets of Unreal Co. Chick’n Fried Pieces
- 3 lemons (zested and juiced)
- 5 to 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Using a skewer or fork, pierce several holes in the surface of all the Chick’n pieces.
- With your hands, rub the minced garlic thoroughly into the surface of the Chick’n. Push as many garlic pieces as possible into the pierced holes to infuse the flavour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the remaining ingredients to create the marinade.
- Place the garlic-rubbed Chick’n pieces into the marinade, coating all the sides.
- Leave the Chick’n to rest in the marinade for at least 20 minutes, flipping over once to ensure the marinade coats all the surface of the Chick’n pieces.
- Place Chick’n pieces on a baking tray lined with baking paper (use unbleached paper if possible), and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve the Chick’n pieces with a healthy stack of greens and baked potatoes.